1. The Office, School, Kosciuszki Street 57, 57-550 Stronie Slaskie - Google Maps
» It opens on Sunday (July 26, 2020) at 6:00 PM and closes at 9:00 PM
» It opens on Monday (July 27, 2020) at 8:00 AM and closes at 9:00 AM.
Riders are obliged to come to the office before the start in order to:
» Register and take the start sets according to the paid standard
» Sign the start list and the clause of participation
» Confirm the usage of additional options (extra services).
Emergency number (available during the race: +48 728 497 830
2. Race, routes, info
STAGE 1 - 27.07.2020 Stronie Śląskie - Stronie Śląskie, check details soon
STAGE 2 - 28.07.2020 Stronie Śląskie - Stronie Śląskie, check details soon
STAGE 3 - 29.07.2020 Bardo - Głuszyca, check details soon
STAGE 4 - 30.07.2020 Głuszyca - Głuszyca, check details soon
STAGE 5 - 31.07.2020 Głuszyca - Głuszyca, check details soon
All vital information can also be found in the Race Book 2020.
- on line (will be ready about one / two weeks before the start)
- .PDF file (will be ready about one / two weeks before the start)
MAN - two male riders in a team
WOMAN - two female riders in a team
MIX - male and female in a team
MASTERS - team of two riders whose cumulative ages exceed 80 years.
MASTERS 100 - team of two riders whose cumulative ages exceed 100 years.
SOLO MAN (individual):
M1 - men born in 1991-2002
M2 - men born in 1981-1990
M3 - men born in 1971-1980
M4 - men born in 1970 and older
SOLO WOMAN (indyvidual)
W1 - women born in 1981 - 2002
W2 - women born in 1980 and older
4. Typical day of the Sudety MTB Challenge
6:00 good morning
6:00 - 8:00 breakfast
8:00 - transport to start line town of stage 3, luggage taking
10:00 start distance Classic and LITE (stage 3 - start 11:00)
12:00 - 12:15 the first riders arrival to the finish point (distance LITE, stage 1, 2, 4, 5)
13:00 - 13:30 the first riders arrival to the finish point (distance Classic, stage 1, 2, 4, 5)
16:00 - 18:00 late dinner
18:00 the award ceremony, presentation of the next stage
5. Start sectors
At the start of stages 1 - 5 the riders will be placed in sectors according to places they get in Open Team and Open Solo classification:
» 1 sector: places from 1 - 30 and the leaders of each classification
» 2 sector: places from 31 - 60
» 3 sector: places over 61
6. The race
» The starting line will be open for 5 minutes after the starting signal. Riders who will cross the starting line after this period will not be included in the stage results and will not qualify as the race finishers.
» You must be extremely careful while crossing the public roads
» You must be extremely careful while riding along the steep and dangerous downhills
» The start number must be attached to the handlebar in front of the bike (you must not destroy, cut or change the shape of it).
* After the 2nd stage (July 28, 2020), from 17:00 - 20:00 we will pick up the bikes at the Base Camp & Bike Park in Stronie School and transport them to Bardo - the starting point of stage 3 (all bikes will be properly secured for transport)
* Before the 3rd stage (July 29, 2020), at 08:00 - departure of buses from Stronie Śląskie to Bardo (collection points: hotels & base camp)
* Bikes pick up (before stage 3) from school in Bardo on July 29, 2020 between 08:00 and 10:30
* On July 29, before the start of stage 3 (on the route from Stronie Śląskie to Bardo), each competitor has guaranteed transport including his/her luggage. The departure of buses from base camp and hotels will take place at 08:00 sharp.
* The organizer provides transport of suitcases and bicycle cartons on the route from starting point (Stronie Slaskie - Base Camp & Bike Park in Stronie School) to finish point (Gluszyca - Base Camp & Bike Park in Gluszyca School). The packages/cases should be marked / signed (name, surname of the owner, phone number) and delivered to the base camp - School in Stronie Śląskie on Monday or Tuesday, July 27 or 28, 2020 between 17:00 - 20:00. Pick up of the above mentioned will be available on Friday July 31, from 14:00 till 18:00 in Bike Park in Gluszyca.
The results will be availabe in:
- printed version on the information board in the Race Village
- on-line version at: https://mktime.pl/mtb-challenge-2020/
Rider's and Fan's Guide 2020 will ba available soon. Edition 2019 is on:
8. Feeding stations
There usually will be (two - distance LITE, three - distance Classic) feeding stations on each stage of the Sudety MTB Challenge.
9. Bike service
» Bike Service (regular and extra) will be located around Race Village and at the route of each stage.
» Bike Service will have a majority of the spare parts, but every participant should carry all the unusual and fast-wearing parts
» Only clean bike will be accepted for the post-stage repairs.
» The organizer shall provide the transportation of the riders' luggage (additional option).
» The luggage will be taken to the bus before 3 stage untill 8:00 am
» The luggage will be given back on the basis of the ID band at the finish point from 14:00 till 18:00.
» The organizer is responsible for the transport of the luggage between the stages of the race.
» The organizer is not responsible for the valuables of the riders and accompanying parties.
11. Base Camp with: massages, bike parks, bike services
After 4 stages available at school (Base Camp):
- Stronie Slaskie (after 1st and 2nd stage) - Google Map
13. Withdrawing from the race
» The teams or the riders who withdraw from the race while the Sudety MTB Challenge is being held are obliged to inform the organizer immediately before or just after the end of each stage no matter what the reason of the withdrawal is.
» In case this withdrawal happens while the race is being held (when the stage started) they are to dial +48 728 497 830 in order not to start the rescue action
» In case the team or the rider does not inform the organizer about the withdrawal and the rescue action is in progress all the costs of the above mentioned rescue action will be covered by the missing rider or team.
Stage winners must be present at the award ceremony that will take place after every stage (approx. at 6.00 p.m.); failing to appear during the ceremony shall be penalized.
15. Recommended equipment of a competitor
» at least 1 liter of drinks for each stage,
» energy bars or energy gels (according to the rule "better have too much, than be sorry")
» basic toolkit for bike repairs,
» spare inner tube,
» a pump
» bike computer or GPS
» functioning and charged mobile phone
» The Sudety MTB Challenge will be held while there will the regular traffic on public roads
» In Poland and in the Czech Republic we follow the right side driving. All the riders should move along the right side of the field or public road and should follow the traffic rules.
» All the riders must be careful while going past some field roads, forest roads or single buildings as there can be some vehicles on them.
» The Organizer is not responsible for any collision or accident on the route.